Daniel Kalinaki's weblog

A commentary on news and events in Uganda and elsewhere

Name:

Just an ordinary bloke.

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Mosquitoes on a plane - scary

KIGALI - I thought 'Snakes on a Plane' was a bit scary, ish ish, although I liked the thrill. Had a similar experience Wednesday night on the small-plane ride to Kigali when I had to battle three mosquitoes for the 55-min flight. Of course I have grown up with moquitoes and know how to toss and turn -- but try doing that in a cramped, non-pressurised cabin with the propeller (yes, propeller; it was a tiny plane) roaring in your ears. More about Kigali soonish. Off to dinner then have early morning drive to Lake Kivu....

Orakoze Kyana! Or something like that

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehehe, it's Orakoze cyane... pronounced kyane.

Yo' welcome. I take cash.

1:00 pm  
Blogger Dennis Matanda said...

Two posts from you in less than a week? Dude, this is a great thing! The post about contractors left me in stitches and all. I guess its one of those things you miss about Uganda. The randomness of things. And of course, mosquitoes on planes!

1:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home